Sunday, September 14, 2008

Off to Idaho

What a busy weekend! I don't think we could have gotten much more into two days.
LaFlores came in on Wednesday evening. We were preparing for a reunion picnic held on Saturday Sept 13th and also had a Thursday night meeting getting ready for our big 50th high school reunion next September 2009.Our Reunion committee is awsome. Everyone is so willing to help make our big day Sept 2009 a big success.
Don and family came down on Friday evening to spend the weekend with us. Saturday morning I took Dee-Anna to see Carolyn Swift to pick out some jewlry for her belated Birthday gift. I actually missed the turn off because I have a one tract mind and we were "gabbing" all the way. Before I knew it I was on the freeway . We couldn't turn around so we had an early morning trip to Rogue River and back!!! Dee-Anna and I then went to the shop to meet Dad and Don. Don and Dee-anna will soon be ready for their spa so they were trying to decide which would work the best.Back home to get the homemade icecream ready for the picnic for later in the afternoon. I was then off to Riverside park to meet with our Highschool class for our annual picnic. It was great. Some classmates attended for the first time. Its always great to see new faces that want to participate.Home again to get ready for the family get together and swimming.I had most of the food ready so when Don and Dee-anna got back from their visit with Grandma Cook and Aunt Dorene we had french dip sanwiches and salads. The kids were swimming and eating and hot-tubbing. The Homemade chocolate ice-cream was pretty good but I do need to get Bernices receipe. We had quite a crowd for a little while. Don,Dee-Anna & boys, Ken and family and Chelsea's Justin were here.Mike and family also came. We were so glad to see all of them. It had been some time since they had visited over here.
Dad had a blessing because we are off today after church to Idaho to get dads shoulder operation.I have been squeezing in packing and getting my BeeHive class ready for today. I think I did it!! Its almost time to go to church. Dad and I will soon be leaving for church. Everyone else is still asleep. They will all be packing up to head for home today while we are at church. Don and family will be heading back to Corvallis after their visit with Grandma & Grandpa Green & LaFlores will be going back to California today.

1 comment:

publisher said...

Mom you blog more than I do! I love it! You can put it all ina book in you want to - did you know that?
Fun!
I love you-